Welcome to ITS Georgia.
We enjoyed a very successful 2015 Annual Meeting on Jekyll Island in September. We have presented a comprehensive summary with presentations and photographs, please click here to review. Please thank our sponsors by clicking on their logos.
The takeaway from this year’s Annual Meeting and Exposition was how fortunate we are to be in the intelligent transportation industry today. I believe, and many of our speakers reiterated, that we are entering a transformative era for transportation. Vehicles are getting smarter and will soon be driving themselves, the infrastructure to support surface transportation is more
nimble and can rapidly adapt to changing traffic conditions.
Special thanks to Ashlyn Morgan, Whitney Nottage, Kaitlin Potnick and Brent Harden with Atkins, Yancy Bachman with World Fiber Technologies and Jim Tolson with Arcadis for organizing a great meeting. We had over 120 attendees, 22 exhibitors and 17 sponsors, which exceeded expectations.
New officers and directors were announced at the meeting. The officers are: President Mike Holt of WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff; Vice President Alan Davis, GDOT; Secretary Jennifer Johnson, Kimley-Horn and Treasurer Xuewen Le, HNTB Corporation. Directors elected to a two-year term are: Jim Tolson, Arcadis; Bill Andrews, City of Sandy Springs; Mark Demidovich, GDOT and Matt Glasser, GDOT.
Our Best of ITS award winners are:
- Project of Significance Award – Perimeter Traffic Operations Program – The Perimeter CIDs, Project Management by Kimley-Horn;
- Innovation: Outside the Box Award – Winter Weather Response Plan – GDOT;
- Outstanding Public Member Agency Award – Gwinnett County DOT;
- Outstanding Volunteer Award – Xuewen Le – HNTB;
- Larry R. Dreihaup Award – Tom Sever – Gwinnett County DOT.