FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Bill Wells – 404-281-7490
Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia Announces 2017 Best of ITS Awards and Scholarship Winners
ATLANTA (October 25, 2017) – The Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia (ITS Georgia) today announced the winners of the 2017 Best of ITS Awards and 2017 Wayne Shackelford ITS Engineering Scholars.
“Every year, ITS Georgia recognizes the outstanding people and projects that make Georgia a leader in the deployment and operation of intelligent transportation systems. We also recognize volunteers who make ITS Georgia one of the top ITS Chapters in the country,” said Mike Holt, President of ITS Georgia. “We also recognize outstanding students who are pursuing and advancing ITS studies at Georgia’s universities. Congratulations to all our winners.”
The 2017 Best of ITS Winners are:
· Larry R. Dreihaup Award – Georgia Department of Transportation
· Outstanding Volunteer Award – Whitney Nottage, P.E., PTOE of Intelight, Inc.
· Innovation: Outside the Box Award – City of Marietta for its Marietta TravelSafely App
· Project of Significance Award – RENEW Atlanta for their North Avenue Smart Corridor project
· Outstanding Public Member Agency Award – Cobb County Department of Transportation
· 2017 President’s Award – Jim Tolson, P.E., IMSA II of Arcadis
For more information about each winner, visit the 2017 Best of ITS Awards webpage.
For the 9th consecutive year, ITS Georgia is supporting student involvement in intelligent transportation engineering and sciences through the Wayne Shackelford ITS Engineering Scholarship Program. Mr. Shackelford was an early ITS visionary, co-founder of ITS Georgia and Georgia Department of Transportation Commissioner.
The 2017 Shackelford Scholars are:
· Cibi Pranav, Georgia Tech
· Haobing Liu, Georgia Tech
· Lauren Gardner, Georgia Tech
· Anirban Chatterjee, Georgia Tech
· Zoe Turner-Yovanovitch, Georgia Tech
Read more on the Shackelford Scholars webpage.
About ITS Georgia
The Intelligent Transportation Society of Georgia is a group of organizations that support Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology as a way to significantly reduce congestion and improve the performance, safety and efficiency of our transportation system. ITS Georgia provides a forum for advocacy, facilitation, integration, and for learning more about ITS. ITS Georgia members include federal, state and local transportation agencies, ITS technology and service providers, large private and commercial transportation system users, universities, and other interested parties with missions that involve, or are affected by, the transportation system. Visit www.itsga.org for more information.