Category: Traffic Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 3
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
WSP USA is seeking an Traffic Engineer II for our Atlanta office. The successful candidate will be a key hire to help grow our Traffic Engineering practice, including ITS/Traffic Engineering design, signal timing, traffic analysis and traffic studies. Position will report to Senior Traffic Engineer and serve as project engineer or task manager for traffic engineering projects, with the expectation that the candidate will assume Project Management roles within two years.
Successful candidate will work on GDOT Signal Timing, ITS/Signal Design and Operational Improvements projects, City of Atlanta signal optimization projects, as well as traffic engineering projects for local governments and CIDs. Candidate may also work on design-build or other traffic engineering projects out of state.
Typical projects include, but are not limited to:
- Traffic signal design
- Traffic signal communication design
- Intelligent Transportation Systems design
- Traffic signal timing development and implementation
- Intersection and corridor improvement studies
- Safety studies (accident analysis, collision diagrams)
The candidate should have experience working in groups and have a desire to participate in collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment as the traffic engineering group in our Atlanta office works closely with the planning, environmental and roadway design group.
Education / Experience Required (Must contain the following):
- Minimum experience required: 3 years
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field (Masters preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Georgia or ability to obtain within 6 months, PTOE (preferred)
- Signal design, signal timing, ITS design (preferred), Georgia DOT experience (preferred)
- Microstation CAD experience preferred, knowledge of traffic engineering and planning software (HCS, Synchro, VISSIM, ArcGIS) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Power Point required
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation