Thanks to our Diamond Sponsors
Thanks to Savannah Cams for the view
Please plan to join fellow transportation professionals from around the state and nation for the 2017 ITS Georgia Annual Meeting and Expositions. This year we are meeting at the Hyatt Regency Savannah October 8 – 10.
Our theme this year is fittingly, The Big “Twenty” – “20 Years of Technological InnovaTionS in GA.” We’ve been marking the chapter’s 20th anniversary all year and the annual meeting will be another celebration of the benefits ITS solutions have brought to Georgia travelers.
We will be announcing a new slate of Officers and Directors for the chapter for the 2018 – 2019 term during the meeting.
We are also shining a special spotlight on our vendors this year. In addition to plenty of time set aside to visit the exhibit area, our vendors will be presenting their latest products and ITS solutions to the plenary session. Read more here.
In addition to the vendors, commemoration events and chapter business, we have an excellent technical program lined up focusing on regional ITS programs to preparing for the future with sessions on connected vehicles and Smart Cities. While there may be some changes before meeting time, here is the technical program as it stands today:
Opening Session (Monday, 10/9/17, 8:15-9:15)
• President’s Welcoming Remarks – Mike Holt, WSP
• Public Policy Driving Intelligent & Transformational Transportation – Dan Ronan, ITS America
Session 1 (Monday, 10/9/17, 10:00-11:30): Vendor Innovation Presentations
Moderator (Sam Harris, GDOT)
• Vendor Presentations on Real ITS related projects
Session 2 (Monday, 10/9/17, 1:00-2:30): Coastal ITS Projects
Moderator (Scott Zehngraff, GDOT)
• Savannah Mini RTOP – Scott Mohler, AECOM
• TIM Strategies for Intracoastal Waterway Bridges – Bob Murphy, AECOM
• Savannah Port Projects – Georgia Ports Authority representative
Session 3 (Monday, 10/9/17, 3:00-4:30): Connected Vehicles
Moderator (Keith Strickland, Stantec)
• Recent Developments in Connected Automated Vehicles and Installation of CV Roadside Units in
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – Dan Baxter, Stantec
• Connected Vehicle Experiences – Scott Shogan, WSP
• Connected Vehicle Experiences – Martha Eddy, KCI
Session 4 (Tuesday, 10/10/17, 8:15-9:45): Smart Cities
Moderator (Grant Waldrop, GDOT)
• Atlanta Smart Cities North Avenue Corridor – Keary Lord, Atkins/Faye DiMassimo, City of Atlanta
• What Does Zero Highway Fatalities Really Mean – Andy Boenau, Alta Planning
• SPaT Challenge – Joe Averkamp, Conduent
Session 5 (Tuesday, 10/10/17, 10:15-11:45): Past/Future ITS Experience Panel Discussion
Moderator (Bayne Smith, KCI)
o Four panelists
Local DOT Representatives – Tom Sever, Gwinnett County and Brook Martin, Cobb County
GDOT Representative – Mark Demidovich, GDOT
Consultant Representative – Ingrid Birenbaum, Atkins
Closing Session (11:45-12:00)
Message from President of ITS GA.